Frances has over 10 years’ experience of working in family law and has assisted a wide range of clients across the social scale and from diverse backgrounds and income levels.
- Divorce, from first instruction to decree absolute, including overseas marriages and cross jurisdictional marriages.
- Pre-nap agreement
- Division of finances on divorce. This can range from assisting with the difficult matter of how to divide income and assets that do not cover each party’s needs, to problems arising from one party concealing money and assets, if there is a need for a forensic accountant, and up to negotiation or litigation and settlement.
- Arrangements concerning where the children will live and how often they will see the other parent, and assisting with parenting agreements.
- Frances has particular experience with problems where one parent makes allegations against the other and contact becomes difficult and where there is alienation.
- International children problems- where one parent wishes to move abroad, or abducts a child, or where the parents need to agree arrangements involving parties from different countries.
- Finances for children in unmarried relationships, under Schedule 1 of the Children Act.
- Pre and post nuptial agreements, and cohabitation agreements for unmarried couples.
Frances has a good relationship with the central London barristers’ chambers and can find counsel to advise or represent clients at all levels of experience and to suit all budgets.
The Family department can assist with the following :
- Divorce – including international divorce
- Finances following divorce – including re-opening unfair financial settlements made abroad
- Children arrangements – who the children will live with, how to agree contact arrangements
- Unmarried family – what rights and obligations do co-habitees have to each other and to children?
- Financial support for children in unmarried relationships via the CMS or Schedule I Children Act
- Pre-nups, Separation Agreements and Cohabitation Agreements
- Support and information for mediation, either with a view to settle or to comply with rules on MIAMS before issuing proceedings
For further details regarding any of the above, please contact Frances Valenzuela on 020 3755 2878 or email to email@example.com